Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Of Centipedes

After a little more than a year, I'm writing here again and I hate to admit that it was a centipede in my bathroom that catapulted me to the act. Strangely, I have been trying to defeat a virtual centipede too - but that one controls lightning - in a game called Ys: The Origin. I wonder if there is any ominous connection between the two myriapods.

The centipedes have caused me to think, or rather they have distilled my amorphous thought, that I have to make substantial changes in my life - myriad changes (as in myriapod!). Firstly, I must write more often - It is a shame that I haven't documented to understand better so many important events in the past year. Secondly, I must move out of this house quickly. And thirdly, I have to make changes in my social person.

I will jump to the third immediately. Lately, I have begun to painfully realise that my social skills aren't the best. Sure, I can be very charming in brief interactions but when it comes to prolonged exchange of words and social courtesies, I become a nervous wreck who just doesn't know what to say to people and wants simply to disappear. I fear that this is some kind of chronic disintegration of my social person due to some personal history - I need one of those 'life changing experiences' or complete amnesia.

I have begun to realise that this social handicap is proving to be a hindrance not only in my career (If only I could just get up with my brilliant ideas to the man and show him what I could do! I'd love to tell him that I think his ideas are crap and that I'm not always on Facebook doing insignificant work) but also in my relationships with my friends and any potential lovers. I realise that I should either learn to better my social skills or completely abandon them for the rest of my life and spend all my days hidden in a burrow. Although the latter does seem more attractive, I don't think that with today's population it would be a convenient choice. Firstly, I wouldn't be able to find such solitude and secondly, even if I did, they'd dig me up right back to the surface and I'd have to say 'Thank You' and other nice things and go back to leading a 'normal', 'happy' life.

Also my room is a mess, I have stopped caring about the way I look - in fact, I seem to have stopped caring about anything. I eat just about anything and sometimes nothing at all. I'm too inured to even complain. All I want is a long holiday, but I am too tired to make any preparations for the same.

I guess the centipede that appeared in my bathroom at 3.30 am in the morning is trying to tell me something. Of course I went death white when I saw it, and had to flush it down the toilet because I hate to hear the sound of cracking exoskeleton. But yes, I don't think it's healthy to willingly lock myself in my tiny apartment for 2 whole days without interacting with any living soul. I simply speak to myself -unknowingly at times - and save kingdoms and goddesses, slay dragons and shop swords and armors. Strangely, it isn't loneliness I fear as much as the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. Heartrending!! Wow, did you know that dreaming with insects is exactly what you described? It means that you have hindrances to overcome in life. It's a warning of small troubles or concerns that you have that you should remove so it does not become something bigger. And this centipede that you really saw it might be a sort of a weird warning, not so weird if you live in India where all kind of animals can get easily into your house. Moreover, insects represents sensitivity and accuracy they are like divine messengers, and is exactly in the point you are right now when you have to reconsider things and principles and values of yourself and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, I'm glad you returned to this blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete