Sunday, April 3, 2011

Of this one day

I had the privilege of stepping into a dream.

Woke up at Yam's house again. It's comforting to wake up after her - to know that she's walking around the house, stepping into the kitchen and making coffee. It's not just the coffee but the idea of someone being there and being completely at ease with that someone, even when you wake up ugly with swollen eyes and bad breath.

Went to Qahwa after much dillydallying , for Nav's sake and ours. It is a rare pleasure to catch a glimpse of him smile as he watches the petite waitress strutting around, with such pure love.

And then, to capture moments with Yam's camera that doesn't zoom in or out - but it makes it all the more special to capture them in that unchangeable limitation. And even though we pose for each shot with lightning fast reflexes, I think they're still spontaneous. I think that quickness is our nature - to look at life in the eye when it appears. This is not to say that the camera defines us - no. But I don't have to explain what I mean - it would only diminish everything I would want to say. And besides, I don't have the words.

Then we trailed off to Select City to look for earphones, hats and toys! My shoes were killing me but I didn't complain - physical pain didn't compare to the joy my soul experienced.

And then, we stood in front of a toy store for some 10 - 15 minutes to decide on the next activity.

We went to Dilli Haat where Yam's order was the star. Rajasthani thali - understated and homely - sensuously consumed by hands. Then, she wanted some silver and beauty defeated all practicality.

Came back to her place again and chatted with Ayms. It's great - my discovery of skype! I melted into love. And love was the only thing I experienced - for him, for myself, for Yams, for Navin, for the whole universe.

And dinner at a small charming bengali restaurant - fish, rice and mishti doi.

Came back to Yam's - she said it was nice to have me around. What do you say to that? I just did an awww but meant so much more.

It'll be nice to move in here - to spend the evenings together in hope and despair till 3 in the morning. To talk about inane things. To keep plants and a strand of rajnigandha on the table every night. To cook together and to discuss life to endlessness. And most importantly, to feel love everyday.


3 comments:

  1. Since you are not indulging my "female" outburst of love, no man, I can't even say it here, forget it, but its ok you know I had an amazing day buying silver I can't afford and dreaming of the garden and kitchen we will soon have. And I maintain, if you don't receive my love again, I will never, never, give it you you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I receive it all the time, you know that.

    But it's a bit silly and sweet that love is sometimes like a big rainbow or a yellow bird with the broadest grin.

    And then to think that life is elsewhere - such silliness, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. since we have decided that we should allow each other this cheesiness, life is here, in this yellow lit room, drinking chai ok.

    ReplyDelete